Domestic Hot Water
Solar Assisted Heat Pump - Thermodynamics
Our Little Magic Thermodynamic Box (Solar Assisted heat Pump) - Perfect for Hot Water
Works in all weather conditions - 24/7 - 365 days a year
How the British made Little Magic Box works
- The aluminium panel circulates the refrigerant liquid where energy is absorbed from the ambient temperature.
- This transforms the liquid into a gas, which carries the heat energy to the Little Magic Thermodynamic Box.
- The Little Magic Thermodynamic Box compresses the gas which increases the temperature.
- The spent gas reverts back to a liquid which flows back in the panel, allowing the process to repeat.
- Simultaneously, a water pump pulls cold water from the cylinder into the Little Magic Thermodynamic Box.
- This works as a heat exchanger which returns hot water to the cylinder.
- This flow continues until the water in the cylinder reaches 55°C.
- Once this is achieved the system goes into standby mode.
What we improved and why
Based on our experiences we have redesigned the internal layout and upgraded individual components. We now have a British Magic Thermodynamic Box with vastly improved features and performance.
European manufactured compressor chosen for its high efficiency and dependability resulting in an improved coefficiency of performance.
Latest cutting edge technology, light composite material and low energy consumption. WRAS approved for potable water applications. Made in Europe.
Our new flat plate heat exchanger has been chosen for its improved heat transfer qualities and works down to pressure of only 0.1 bar. It is ideally matched for vented and unvented systems. Made in Europe.
Refrigerant Sight Glass
No need for gauges to check the refrigerant circuit, just look into the glass. We make it easy to diagnose the system performance.
We have upgraded our controller with a time delay function to operate the pump before the compressor starts. This is to enhance the life expectancy of the compressor.
These have been incorporated at the design stage to reduce possible vibrations although they are not necessary in all situations.
Stainless steel capped sensor and double insulated cable for higher sensitivity and accuracy to ensure you know the exact water temperature.
We have redesigned the pipe runs in the Box to improve access to components and reduce the possibility of trapped air. Improved insulation of the pipework gives better performance and reduces condensation.